Latest Thread Activity:
RPS
Page
of 3

Dragon Riders: The Prophecy of the Shadows

29 replies
Site Member
Alrighty! Here it is ladies and gentlemen! The official thread, now, before you write your first posts, I am going to kindly ask you to post your character information on here as well, for character reference. Thank you!!!!

My Character(s):

Also, here is my Character:

Name: Alina Merchiardo ( A-Lean-ah Mare-she-air-do)
Looks: https://cdn2.stylecraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Chocolate-Brown-Hair-Color-Ideas.jpg
Bio/ Extra information: Her parents died when she was age 10. Half her life she has lived on her own, barely making it. She slept in what ever she could find abandoned in the streets and even made a fashion line out of it called, I am Homeless. She learned how to steal properly at age 11. She has had some help from kind upper rank people in the past, but not much. She does not believe in violence and will take another punishment if she feels as if they are being over punished or, they did not do it. Including Dragons and their riders. It was a miracle she survived... She is allergic to strawberries, and is unable to have any hazelnut.

DRAGON:

Name: Aleski (A-Lesk-ee)
Looks: https://yandex.com.ge/collections/card/5b48e1a51a8cc100aec44197/
Age: 150 ( that is like.... one hundred and five in dragon years in my opinion )
Bio: Aleski had a mostly peacful life at first, his small family of his mother and father was a free and wild bunch They flew where every they want, te what ever they wanted - Except for Humans - and well.. it was heaven. When he turned 140, his parents were killed by dragon tamers and he was essentially.... dragon napped. Since then he has lived in captivity as trainers try to tame and train him. One day, he vows for revenge on the human race for what they have done.

Overview: Igdrasil, the land of the Dragon riders. But what happens when it is left to four people to protect this land? To make matters worse one of them only found their dragon days before the profecy depicting their journey. These three dragon riders are left to fight the mysterious evil that is constantly growing inside the forest. What is this mysterious evil you ask? They are called shadows. Their black sillouett forms can take on any appearence and the only way to identify one is that when they are not in their origonaly form, they have no shadow. But the only question that remains is, how do these riders meet. They meet in a market, the black market to be exact. This is also where the new dragon rider discovers their dragon. A dragon tamer is attempting to train a dragon infront of a live audience. The only problem is, the dragon will not cooperate... and so when the man trys to kill the dragon, the new ride steps in, resulting in the process of the dragon choosing that rider. But, this act angers the dragon tamer and he instead tries to kill the rider, in order to kill the dragon. It is then that the three other dragon riders step in, assisting the injured dragon and its rider that the prophecy is sealed and revealed. Will they accept it?

Prophecy:
I There comes a day when two dragon riders will travel through a market. In that same market, there will be a dragon that chooses their first rider. These three are destined to a great fate, for there is a looming evil that is starting to grow. The Shadows will once again rise, while many will fall in the end these three will determine the fate of the world... this is their fate whether they choose it or not, it is decided.
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Site Member
The air was cold today. Alina walked through the long strip of markets, occasionally snagging smaller things like an apple or a slice of bread. This was her daily routine. Visit the market each day, steal what she could without being caught and then disappear again until the next day. But, today was different. She felt as though something would happen today, and that something would most likely get her into trouble.

As she neared the end of the market stalls and buildings she heard a pained roar and looked up, the jar of water she was about to snag forgotten. She looked around to see if anyone else had heard it, afraid she had gone crazy. Fortunately, she was not the only one. A few other people were looking around as well and that was when she realized what it was she had heard.

A dragon. A real live dragon. She smiled slightly and moved away from the stall she was at and rounded the corner of a building to come face to face with a large stage. Many people were gathered around it, and unfortunately, due to her short height of five one, she could barely see. She hesitated a minute before she moved forward, curiosity taking the best of her.

She managed to push through the crowd to the front and gasped at what she saw. There stood a magnificent dragon, dark in colour. To many this dragon would have been considered plain, but to her it was beautiful. She blinked a few times and even pinched her arm to make sure she was not dreaming before she looked at the man who was next to her, questions running through her mind. Just as she was about to open her mouth and ask one of the questions, a whip with sharp barbed ends came down upon the dragon, creating several cuts in its left hind leg.

It was then she realized how beat up this dragon was… this man was not the rider. No rider would ever do this to their dragon…. Would they?

Without hesitating another minute, Alina managed to push past the few remaining people in front of her and pulled herself on stage.

“ENOUGH!”

This caused the man with the whip to look at her, anger shining brightly in his eyes. She hesitated a minute and took a shaky breath before she spoke again.

“This Dragon has done nothing wrong and yet you punish it. I have not heard you give it a single command and yet you beat it. “

She paused a moment. And took another breath before she spoke.

“I sincerely doubt you are a rider seeing as you are beating a dragon. I would pray that you are not a trainer and yet, sadly I know that you are. How would your boss feel if I were to tell him you were damaging…”

She paused a moment, unsure what to say…… she thought of something and knew she would hate herself for just saying it.

“Goods.”

The man paused a moment, the frown on his face deepening.

“Of course young lady, many apologies. But, seeing as how you want to protect this dragon, how about you keep it. It will be…. A…. silencing fee. Don’t tell my boss and you won’t have to worry about the dragon. “

I could tell he was planning something, but what I could not tell… and at the moment, I did not really care. I turned to the dragon, and looked him over before I slowly began to move towards it.

Aleski:

A human. Not just any human though. A human girl, who was his opinion very…. Short. It was this human that told the trainer to stop. Essentially embarrassing him for what he was doing. Aleski smiled in his head as the trainer looked angrier and angrier with every word that the girl said. But, what shocked him the most was that fact that this human was defending him. A dragon. It touched his heart somewhere and he simply watched the scene in silence.

It wasn’t until the dragon trainer backed off that the girl began to walk towards him. Aleski could smell her fear and yet here she was walking towards him. He did not do anything, instead he allowed the girl to approach. He growled softly as she touched one of the many wounds he had and moved away. He turned hearing the familiar footsteps of the trainer and turned. Only, he was slightly too late.

The sound of a whip sliced through the air and aleski braced himself, ready for the pain. Only, this time it never came. Instead a harsh feminine scream sliced through the air and Aleski looked down in shock to see the human shielding the leg on which the whip would have hit.

Anger filled Aleski and he stood protectively over the human girl whom had fallen to her knees, struggling with the pain. He let out a mighty roar, both scaring any and all humans off, including the dragon trainer, who looked like he pissed himself and sending out a call of help to any dragons that may have been in the near area. He owed his life to this human… weather he liked it or not he owed her his life now.

He knew that any of the dragons in the area were dragons with riders, and he could only pray that one of the dragons heard his pleas and he managed to gently curl himself around the human and managed to adjust her so she was laying on her stomach, on top of his tail. He knew how painful those damn whips were…. He was shocked she still was not screaming from the pain…..
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Site Member
RIDER

Name: Erwin Rift
Looks: A tall somewhat lanky man, a scarecrow figure. Five-o’clock shadow. Hair is slightly graying, mostly styled back in spikes, a few locks falling over his forehead.

ca12b12501278ecd4deca2a202379931.jpg

Bio/ Extra information: Riff, as he goes by, does not take guff from anyone. He’s been around long enough to have stopped caring what society throws at him; he’ll roll with the punches and come back twice as hard. Having had to pull himself up by the bootstraps almost from day one, his life of constant survival has brought him connections in the oddest of places from the underworld to the merchant guilds. Riff can even call in a favor or two from royalty, having saved a few lives, or threatened a few more, in his time.

A sarcastic, hip-flask drinking, jaded “old man”, finesse is is not in his verbal vocabulary. Riff will say what he thinks of you when he thinks of it, to your face and not after. Wielding a hefty lance of a blade, he exudes a confidence that comes of experience.

Weapon:

6622b607251660a887bc65b79ba9ba48ac52c7db_hq.jpg

DRAGON:

Name: Calcifer (Cal-si-fur)
Looks:
97b00195f2070821245f1e3e1b4ac631.jpg

Bio: Calcifer bonded with an elf centuries prior to becoming Riff’s partner. Back in those days it was nearly unheard of to hunt dragons. The story of how they met Riff is a long exciting one best left for another time. Beginning as rivals and then grudging allies, over time the three of them became the best of friends. In a war with the Shadows known as the Shadow “Uprising”, when the shadows pushed forth from the borders of the forest, the elf, Calipsa, died in a fierce battle that forced the shadows into retreat.

Calcifer was at first inconsolable, and left to mourn. Riff travelled after him, and convinced him to become his dragon. The true bond can never be re-forged and the two do not speak psychically to each-other, but Calcifer does command the common tongue that Riff and most of the known world speak, although he does not deign to speak it often except in more private conversations. He is a massive dragon that could easily put Riff in his mouth whole, and he does on occasion if the situation demands it.

Less jaded than Riff, Califer is a thoughtful, philosophical individual, still mourning his true partner at times. Where Riff is rude, he is courteous, and slow to anger.

~*~

One does not simply walk around a market, full grown dragon in tow, so Riff did the logical thing and went on his own to purchase supplies for himself for the next trip out. Calcifer was on the outside of town a few miles out so as not to disturb the natives. When Riff heard the first pained roar of a dragon, he was a ways down the market street. With a long suffering sigh, and a dangerous glint in his eye, he cut business short and strode down the street, people moving back, allowing the scary man right of way.

As swiftly as he moved it wasn't until the tail-end of the altercation between the slaver and the girl that Riff arrived. He watched with bated breath, too far away to make a move to intervene. But when he saw the whip snake out and the girl rush to block it's cruel barbs meant for the dragon, he saw red.

As the crowd scattered in blind panic, Riff made some swift acrobatic movements, landing him half-way up a wall, hanging to a window sill. He espied the dragon slaver attempting to flee, and he moved to intercept.

Landing, very dramatically before the stumbling man, he pulled the blade from where it rested on his back and jabbed it at the slaver, halting him.

"A dragon slaver in the same town I'm in, must be my lucky day," he said with a wicked grin, "Tell me, scumbag, how'd you like to try and whip a man who can fight back instead of a chained up dragons an' a little girl?" he challenged, the anticipation of murder clear in his eyes. As if to emphasize the danger the man was now in, there was an answering dragon roar from a distance, and it was mightier, deeper, older, than that of the dragon behind the slaver.

"Whups, guess I better finish you off quick instead o' playin' witcha," Riff's grin deepened, "Otherwise my partner will be here. And he eats slavers whole so they can die a slow death by stomach acid." A blatant lie, but the man, already quite pale, turned completely white.

"Pl-please- it's just my job!" he began to blubber.

"See that's the problem," Riff advanced on him, murder in his eye, "Dragons are not a job, they're a calling, a dedication, see. And you also are not suited. A man who takes pleasure in hurting those as is weaker, or can't fight back because they are otherwise inhibited, well, that's just cowardly an evil ya see. Now me, I'm a bully me'self at times, but at least I use my bullying to benefit the greater good, namely the dragon and the girl. Now, how you want to die? Begging fer mercy, or shall we see how long youse can take me on in a fair fight?"
Posted Nov 29, 18
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Site Member
Morgan has been watching the ordeal for a few hours, when a small girl rushed forward and was lashed as compinsation, the bitter taste in her mouth grew further. She had simply being provisions and continuing with her day until she saw the torture, her mind slowly plotted and pieced a plan together, of tracking the slaver to his superiors and stopping the entire situation..only..., that plan nearly fell apart when she followed him and found someone threatening the bastard already.
She groaned in a mild frustration, don't kill him, you dolt, at least not yet.
She pulled a hood over her hair and cast her blue eyes in shade, stepping out from the shadows and sneaking up behind the slaver's assailant..just a quick swipe and his coin purse would fall...and so she quietly drew a blade and went to work.
Posted Nov 30, 18
Site Member
Alina:

It burned. Everything burned. Alina whimpered softly as she tried to move, only for pain to shoot through her. She blinked realizing that she was ontop of the dragons tail and blinked several times. It was warm. Infact she felt no longer affected by the winters chilly air.... well. Except her back. She managed to turn her neck and looked at the dragon.

" T-Thank you"

Alina whimpered and slowley managed to sit up. She slowly managed to sit up crying out as pain once again shot through her back. She hesitated another moment before she slowley stood. She knew others would go after the slaver but she wanted him for herself.

She took a step foward, followed by another, and then another. Each pain causing pain to shoot through her back. As she stumbled through the alley, she managed to pick up a sharpened knife from table that was resting near the othre tourterous devices that were going to be used on the poor dragon. She managed to follow behind the dragon and blinked hearing the cry of yet another dragon.

This did not stop her. As she reached the entrence of the Alley she knew the slaver had gone down, she noticed two other people already blocking his chance to escape. However, this did not stop her.

"Die"

She whispered as she took another step, and ignoring the pan that was shooting through her, threw the knife. It landed in the back of the mans throat narrowling missing the person who was behind the cursed man.

She smiled as she watched the man dropped to the ground, dead before she too collapsed to the cold hard ground. She whimpered softly as the sun was suddenly blocked from her veiw.

Aleski:
Aleski stood as the human did, and followed a few paced behind her as she walked towards the alley. He was impressed to be honest. no human would be up and moving at this point. So when this one threw the knife she held, he was beyond impressed.
It was not until the human dropped to the ground that he advanced.

He knew there were two others in the alley, and to be quite honest he did not trust them with this human. So, as the human hit the floor, he moved foward, and stood over her protectivly, snarling at the other two as a warning. He did not know them and therefore he would not trust them. he lowered his head to the ground and nudged the girl huffing softly, and making a small whining sound.

" Wake up. Come, tis not safe here.

To be honest he did not understand why he was going to protect this human but he was. And he did not care that others did not approve, he would take the human home, in hopes that not only would someone be there, but someone might be able to help her too. The whips held a poisin that weakened the dragon, he did not want to know what it would do to a human.
Posted Nov 30, 18 · OP
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Site Member
The sight of a shadow creeping up to join his own that lay before him was annoying to say the least.

Glancing casually back he took in the girl with the knife hovering near his coin purse.

"Really, kid? Adda time like this?" he admonished her, "Can't it wait until my senses are not in a heightened mode of operation and therefore ye might make a clean gettaway?"

"Die"

Riff automatically jumped aside, putting distance between himself and the would be thief as he prepared to defend himself against the slaver. For a moment he thought the slaver's voice had actually cracked, but it was not the slaver who uttered the threat, but the girl.

She had some strong constitution there.

"Well... tha' happened." Riff commented, too surprised at the girl's determination to say anything else wittier.

As the dragon snarled, Riff put up a hand and lowered his blade, "Cool yerself, dragon, I'm not here to hurt either of you. Fact o' the matter is, I'm a rider mehself er, more of an honorable dragon rider iffin yous wanna get technical-like," he said as soothingly as he could, pronouncing the "H" in "honorable."

"My credentials will be along in a moment iffin you care to wait, in th' meantime the girl need medical attention. I can perf--"

There was a great Whump... whump.....whump in the air above and the citizens in the more populated areas of the town began responding accordingly.

In a gale of wind a great dragon descended upon the stage, barely squeezing hi hing quarters into the less than adequate space, the rest of him stood high above the surrounding rooftops.

Riff, who had stuck his blade into the ground to avoid being blown away by the force of his dragon's descent, commented, "Ello, Cal, yer just in time, explain to the hatching he's got to let his new partner get medica-- you know what-?"

He turned and looked at thief, "You, make yerself useful and go fetch an actual doctor, eh?" he ordered before returning his attention to the girl, her new partner, and the behemoth behind them, "As I was saying.." he continued to his dragon, telling him to talk to the youngster in dragon language to calm him down.
Posted Nov 30, 18 · Last edited Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Site Member
Morgan let out a disappointed chuckle, "Well...I was trying to let the slaver get away actually..." She nearly groaned and ignored the other business around her, going over to the slaver's corpse and rifling through his person, quickly leaving his underclothed body in the mud after finding a few odds and ends(if you want to start a side plot of hunting slavers, I'm totally up for it.). "I'll be right back," she added while pulling some soft cloth bandages of her own, and a strong wine, both forced into the older man's hands before she darted off for an apothecary..

And only a brief jog, she found the stand abandoned, the owner had locked everything up in glass cases, but he must of gone to see the dragon probably. A quick glance around, and Morgan dulled her knife by forcing the steel from wood to get something to clean the wound, and something more appropriate to deal with the pain. "I imagine getting whipped would hurt a girl like that much so..so..." She grabbed some of the stronger herbs, and when she left, she left what money she had on her.
Posted Nov 30, 18
Site Member
Alina:

Alina whimpered softly as she tried to stand, only to collapse back to the floor. She shivered lightly and managed to look up at the two strangers, a man and a woman ran off. She lay her head back down and took a shakey breath. She thought for a moment, staring at the scars, some old others new that laced the dragons feet where the scales no longer grew. She gently reached out and traced one. Then another, and another.

She hissed as a gust of wind blew, kissing the skin on her back.

" Try not to move too much. The whip is laced with poision. It weakens us but I fear what it will do to a human. "

(Italics for me is speaking telepathicaly ) Alina looked up at the dragon above her shocked before she lay back down, feeling extremly weak suddenly. She began to shiver and whimpered softly.

"I...it hurts " she whispered softly.

Aleski:

The poision was taking affect. Aleski watched as the girl began to shiver, but other than that and her breathing did not move. He let out a low whine before he knelt next to the human girl, and then lay down, curling around her creating a circle of warmth.

He looked to the other rider and his dragon and then back at the girl, and then two the couple again.

"Please. The whip was poisoned I fear she will not make it. I beg of thee to help"

He spoke in native tounge to the older dragon, not quite trusting the human just yet
Posted Dec 1, 18 · OP
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Site Member
Calcifer bowed his head, a low calming rumble in his voice.

[iThen let us aid thee, young one,][/i] he replied in their native draconic language, My partner may not have much in the way of manners, but he is experienced in the art of healing. he soothed.

Turning to Riff, he relayed the news of the poisoned whip, speaking the common tongue. Riff's reply was to swear violently and stride forward without hesitation.

"I know what poison that is. We don't have time to build up trust, make a decision to trust me now or she will die." he sai as he dropped his blade and pulled the pack he owned off from around his shoulder and over his head.

Although he was approaching the dragon without fear, he was ready to jump aside should it choose not to make the snap decision, time was the girl's life and it was ticking fast.
Posted Dec 1, 18
Site Member
Aleski Could only watch as he moved his tair to allow acess to the man who claimed they could help. He was placing all of his trust in the hands of these two and he had no idea why. He lay his head down, near the human girls head and hesitated a moment before he spoke to her, telepathicallly to all four the other human, the dragon and the girl. that was standing n the corner with what he ssumed to be more medical herbs.

"My name is Aleski. You are the first human to gain my trust. I owe my life to you girl. And I would be.... "

He hesitated not knowing what to say.

"Devistated if you were to leave without me being able to at least partially repaying my debts. "

He whined as her breath suddenly hitched and she began to shiver violently.

"Alina...My.. name...is alina."

That was all the girl managed to say before her eyes slid shut and she slowley stopped moving.

no. No no no NO! Aleski let out a frightened roar and looked at the older dragon
Posted Dec 2, 18 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices